The Writing Newbie

Writing is an adventure. Enjoy the journey and write the way you love!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day one!

Say sleep, work and your social life goodbye---It's November!

The first day of NaNoWriMo is here and I am super excited! I wasn't planning on participating at first, until I remembered that NaNoWriMo isn't about winning. It isn't about writing as fast as you can. 

NaNoWriMo is about routine, learning to write as much as you can. Learning to sacrifice other things for time to write. In a way it's a kind of test-ride for becoming a writer.

Personally I find having this commitment together with thousands of strangers and a handful of friends very stimulating and I always get way more done in November than I would have otherwise. 

Even just 10.000 words or less is probably more than I would have gotten around to otherwise. 

So grab your notebooks, legal pads, smart phones, tablets, scraps of paper, napkins and anything you can write with -- and write every free moment!

Everyone, good luck and most of all: Have Fun! :)


Keep Writing
Xx Noortje 

No comments:

Post a Comment