The Writing Newbie

Writing is an adventure. Enjoy the journey and write the way you love!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

Last night I watched Alice in Wonderland in 3D. The seats were crappy, the boys next to me smelled of beer and wouldn’t stop talking (It’s not your own living room people!) and the glasses hurt my nose, but the movie was amazing!
I absolutely adored Alice (Mia Wasikowska ). I loved her entire character and the way she reacted to the things she saw and her imagination. Especially at the beginning and the end of the movie, I found that hilarious. (Don’t worry I won’t give any spoilers away).
I’m a big fan of Johnny Depp and every Tim Burton movie ever made, so I was very happy last night. The movie is full with Tim Burton’s extraordinary imagination which made it fascinating, fantastic and unique.
This movie is definitely going on my “inspirational movies” list. It’s a little list I have in my head of movies that stimulate my imagination and make me want to write. There just are some movies that are so imaginative and brilliant that they make me want to use my own imagination. Last night I couldn’t stop thinking about several absurd things and I wrote them all down. And right now, just thinking about the movie makes me want to pick up my pencil and fall down the rabbit hole into my own worlds.

I especially loved it when Alice said something like:
“Sometimes I think up six impossible things before breakfast.”
To which the Mad Hatter replied:
“That’s an excellent practice.”

Have you ever thought up six impossible things before breakfast? I’m sure I haven’t done it that often. Usually I’m in a zombie-like state until I finish my breakfast and listen to my favorite music a bit before going to school. I’m certain though that I must have thought of several impossible things before going to bed many times. Last night I thought up tons of impossible things, and even dreamed about them.

Do you have any funny rituals that stimulate your imagination? Or an inspirational movie list like I do? Let the rest know by leaving a comment!

Keep writing.

Xx LordKiwii

1 comment:

  1. Wasn't that an awesome movie? I loved it!
    I'm a big Johnny/ Tim/ Helena fan!

    I loved the whimsical-ness of it :)

    Movies don't make me write, unless it's a fanfict
    but reading and listening to music does make me want to write. I just listen to music that reflects my mood and it just draws up words that fit together in my head. I'm usually running around like a crazy person looking for a pen and paper to write it down :)

    I usually think of about...10 impossible things while sleeping and think of about 8 of them upon waking :)

    I love that Alice/Hatter quote, It's very inspiring.
    I love how when she if fighting, she is naming her impossible things. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete