The Writing Newbie

Writing is an adventure. Enjoy the journey and write the way you love!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Kiwi Time

I thought it was about time I posted something about me. So here it is: Kiwi time.
Right now I’m doing my happy dance, because: yaay a 1000 views already! I’m really glad that so many people visit my blog! ^^ And I really hope I’m actually helping you guys with your writing. But please comment a little, I want to know how you’re writing’s going and what you think about my blog, because I’m sure there are tons of things I could improve.

Alright now about me.
Normally I’m really really busy with school. In only a few weeks I’ll have my exams and I still feel hugely unprepared. And next Monday the two monster weeks from hell will start where I’ll have tons of hard tests.
And of course instead of getting ready and studying …. I’m ill. Well luckily it’s nothing serious but I still don’t feel up to it to go and study. Which leaves me lots of time to go on the internet and write on my story for a change ( which I’ll do when I’ve finished writing this post).

About my writing. I’ve been writing since forever, but when I was nine years old I started this fantasy/mystery book about a witch that was magically trapped in the attic of my main character, Sara. She accidentally helped her escape and with the help of a male witch who was the person who had locked the witch in the painting, she had to help get rid of him. It’s a pretty good and complicated plot for a nine year old to write and I’m still amazed that I managed to come up with that. And I find it really funny to read the first draft because it’s really childish and … well let’s say my writing has improved—a lot.


I want to be a published writer, like probably 99% of you guys. When I tell people they’re like “sure… you want to be a writer” in a way that says “it’s never going to happen” or “yeah and I want to be a rock star” (That’s also on my list of things I would like to be…. But I think I should stick with writing). But my parents and most of my classmates are really supportive and that’s great.

I’m going to keep this short because a) I have a terrible headache and b) I want to go writing because I’m almost at a point in my book that I’m really going to enjoy writing :-)

Alright one last thing about me before you get too bored, I love to read. I’m sure that comes as no surprise because generally speaking, every writer loves to read. But my room is literally stacked from floor to ceiling with books. Mostly fantasy but some romance novels, history books (I love history) and classics like Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Brontë sisters and Peter Pan from J.M. Barrie (I’m a big Peter Pan fan).
OK That’s enough about me for now. I hope you enjoy my blog at least half as much as I enjoy writing it!

Keep writing!

Xx LordKiwii

ps. The wonderful picture of the boy reading belongs to Mar-ka who kindly allowed me to use it. Watch her great art right here: http://mar-ka.deviantart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment