The Writing Newbie

Writing is an adventure. Enjoy the journey and write the way you love!

Friday, February 10, 2012

School, Basements and Celebrities

Wednesday was my first day of the second semester--and it's been exhausting. I suppose first days and weeks of everything are especially tiring. We see new faces, go to new places and experience new things. And that wears us out. I will probably get used to it by next week... but let's just say that no writing has been done since Wednesday. 


My first day of the second semester started out fine, and I think it was the first time I've ever seen Amsterdam during the snow, but I'm not sure. Of course I forgot to take my camera so I have no pictures to show you except the ones I found on the internet. But let me assure you it looks like this. 


I always love snow; it gives everything a peaceful quality and reminds me of Christmas and snow fights and ice skating and other great memories. Speaking of ice skating, the Netherlands has been going crazy about the "elfstedentocht" (which is an ice skating race where the participants skate on natural ice, and pass 11 Frisian cities). Unfortunately the ice isn't thick enough in most places, but here in the neighbourhood children have been skating for days! 


After our first class we went to this adorable little tea room near the Dam and whilst we were waiting for our orders my friends spotted no other than Paul Turner from The Voice of Holland, which was pretty cool. My friend who's a really big fan asked him for a picture and he was really nice.


Yesterday was pretty horrible with lessons all over Amsterdam (including a basement) but I think the lessons might be interesting.


I don't have much else to say except that I've woken up at an ungodly hour for the past few days and that the cold has gotten to me. So I'm going to wrap up in a blanket, drink some tea and get started in   Great Expectations (some of the better homework).


I'll write again soon and hopefully have more interesting things to say! Hope you've all had a great week and have written lots and lots on your stories! I'll try and catch up on the past few days tomorrow.



Keep Writing!

Xx Noortje 


4 comments:

  1. Brrr! I don't do the cold. Cuppa tea, a blanket, and a book sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha same here! I love the cold...when I'm warm and dry inside :p

      Delete
  2. Huh, that sounds like a lot of work. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks :P I got tons of other homework as well -.-" no fun :( But at least I've got a 4 day weekend to do it all! :)How are things going with you? Xx

      Delete